Saturday, April 29th; 11am
Category Archives: Kids at the Library
Join us to celebrate Star Wars, and watch Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016 Disney).
Build a Lightsaber ∙ Make Hyperdrive Bottles
Write in Aurebesh ∙ Wookie Bookmarks
Destroy the Death Star ∙ Droid Deflection
Prize Raffle ∙ Artifacts from a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Refreshments ∙ Photo Opportunities
Costumes optional but encouraged. All ages.
Thursday, May 4th; 5:30–8pm
Monday, May 1st; 5pm
For 2- thru 5-year-olds with an adult caregiver.
Stella is a standard poodle who received her therapy dog certificate, and she loves it when people read to her! Bring your favorite book from home or borrow one of ours, and read her a story.
Saturday, April 22nd; 11am-noon
Freading™ allows the Round Lake Library to increase our eBook Collection by offering access to tens of thousands of books- without waiting.
Use your Library Card to download a book each week for free.
Freading™has apps for most mobile devices including the Kindle Fire, Nook & Kobo. WOW!
Check it out now. What are you waiting for? Harness the power of your Library Card.
Kids- Pay Your fines through reading!
30 minutes = $1.
It’s as simple as that.
Ask a librarian at the desk for a timer, grab a book/manga/graphic novel and read. When the timer is done, take your library card (or ID) back to the librarian and have a dollar taken off your account.
The catch? You have to read while being in the library. Well… you can probably sit out on the porch if you want.
1000 Book Kid Program
Sponsored by the Malta Sunrise Rotary
The Malta Sunrise Rotary is sponsoring a 1000 Book Program at both branches of the Round Lake Library. This free and easy reading program encourages preschoolers and their parents to borrow, share, and read together.
How It Works
- Select and check out 10 children’s books
- Inform the librarian that this is a 1000 Book Kid. Your books will be put in a special bag
- When you return your 10 books and bag, circle the next number on your child’s card. (each number represents a group of 10)
- When you have circled 100 numbers your child will be awarded a special sweatshirt courtesy of the Malta Sunrise Rotary.
- Because anguage acquisition occurs before children enter school.
- Because it challenges whole families to read 1000 books with their children before the end of first grade. Increasing the family’s bond.
- Because it fosters a positive connection between books and family.
- Because it helps children develop a lifelong bond with reading and books.