Join Miss Diane to learn all about nature through stories, hands-on projects, and (weather permitting) a trip out to the Children’s Garden a trip outside to look for signs of spring.
For 2- thru 5-year-olds with an adult caregiver.
Join us for a 30 minute session with music, nursery rhymes and other activities to help stimulate the learning process in young minds.
For newborns to age 2 with a parent or other adult caregiver.
Tuesday, March 6th & 20th; 10:15am
Round Lake Library has four Lego Mindstorms EV3 Robotics kits (and four PCs to program them) provided by a grant from the Global Foundries Town of Malta Foundation.
Build and program robots to solve mazes, carry cargo, engage in gladiatorial combat or do whatever you can imagine.
For kids and teens.
Tuesdays starting January 16th; 4:30pm
We are certain you’ve noticed the lack of eBook options in our system. You may have also heard about the publishing industry’s reluctance to sell libraries eBooks.
What is Freading™?
Freading™ allows the Round Lake Library to increase our eBook Collection by offering access to tens of thousands of books- without waiting.
Use your Library Card to download a book each week for free.
Freading™has apps for most mobile devices including the Kindle Fire, Nook & Kobo. WOW!
Check it out now. What are you waiting for? Harness the power of your Library Card.
Kids- Pay Your fines through reading!
30 minutes = $1.
It’s as simple as that.
Ask a librarian at the desk for a timer, grab a book/manga/graphic novel and read. When the timer is done, take your library card (or ID) back to the librarian and have a dollar taken off your account.
The catch? You have to read while being in the library. Well… you can probably sit out on the porch if you want.
1000 Book Kid Program
Sponsored by the Malta Sunrise Rotary
The Malta Sunrise Rotary is sponsoring a 1000 Book Program at both branches of the Round Lake Library. This free and easy reading program encourages preschoolers and their parents to borrow, share, and read together.
Why do it?
How It Works
- Select and check out 10 children’s books
- Inform the librarian that this is a 1000 Book Kid. Your books will be put in a special bag
- When you return your 10 books and bag, circle the next number on your child’s card. (each number represents a group of 10)
- When you have circled 100 numbers your child will be awarded a special sweatshirt courtesy of the Malta Sunrise Rotary.
- Because anguage acquisition occurs before children enter school.
- Because it challenges whole families to read 1000 books with their children before the end of first grade. Increasing the family’s bond.
- Because it fosters a positive connection between books and family.
- Because it helps children develop a lifelong bond with reading and books.