Where is that scrap of paper???
When is my book due?
I thought I had 2 weeks with that DVD!
We know. We have those thoughts too: you are not alone!
We can take the stress out of remembering your due dates!
Sending you notifications by email or text message is easy.
- electronic check-out receipt
- due date reminders
- automatic notification when a requested item arrives
all at your fingertips. Be free of those pesky fines forever!
Sign up today!
…and don’t forget to make sure your information is current!
We are certain you’ve noticed the lack of eBook options in our system. You may have also heard about the publishing industry’s reluctance to sell libraries eBooks.
What is Freading™?
Freading™ allows the Round Lake Library to increase our eBook Collection by offering access to tens of thousands of books- without waiting.
Use your Library Card to download a book each week for free.
Freading™has apps for most mobile devices including the Kindle Fire, Nook & Kobo. WOW!
Check it out now. What are you waiting for? Harness the power of your Library Card.
1000 Book Kid Program
Sponsored by the Malta Sunrise Rotary
The Malta Sunrise Rotary is sponsoring a 1000 Book Program at both branches of the Round Lake Library. This free and easy reading program encourages preschoolers and their parents to borrow, share, and read together.
Why do it?
How It Works
- Select and check out 10 children’s books
- Inform the librarian that this is a 1000 Book Kid. Your books will be put in a special bag
- When you return your 10 books and bag, circle the next number on your child’s card. (each number represents a group of 10)
- When you have circled 100 numbers your child will be awarded a special sweatshirt courtesy of the Malta Sunrise Rotary.
- Because anguage acquisition occurs before children enter school.
- Because it challenges whole families to read 1000 books with their children before the end of first grade. Increasing the family’s bond.
- Because it fosters a positive connection between books and family.
- Because it helps children develop a lifelong bond with reading and books.