Where is that scrap of paper???
When is my book due?
I thought I had 2 weeks with that DVD!
We know. We have those thoughts too: you are not alone!
We can take the stress out of remembering your due dates!
Sending you notifications by email or text message is easy.
- electronic check-out receipt
- due date reminders
- automatic notification when a requested item arrives
all at your fingertips. Be free of those pesky fines forever!
Sign up today!
…and don’t forget to make sure your information is current!
We are certain you’ve noticed the lack of eBook options in our system. You may have also heard about the publishing industry’s reluctance to sell libraries eBooks.
What is Freading™?
Freading™ allows the Round Lake Library to increase our eBook Collection by offering access to tens of thousands of books- without waiting.
Use your Library Card to download a book each week for free.
Freading™has apps for most mobile devices including the Kindle Fire, Nook & Kobo. WOW!
Check it out now. What are you waiting for? Harness the power of your Library Card.
Freegal is music service which provides free, legal downloads of over 9 million songs by artists on over 28,000 labels from 100 Countries.
That means free access to music like Adele, Marvin Gaye, Herbie Hancock, David Bowie, Alicia Keyes, Pink!, Daft Punk and so much more.
Round Lake Library cardholders can download three songs a week with their library card barcode. Freegal songs work with any MP3 device, including iPods. This service works best if used with Firefox or Chrome.
What are you waiting for? Harness the Power of Your Library Card!
Kids- Pay Your fines through reading!
30 minutes = $1.
It’s as simple as that.
Ask a librarian at the desk for a timer, grab a book/manga/graphic novel and read. When the timer is done, take your library card (or ID) back to the librarian and have a dollar taken off your account.
The catch? You have to read while being in the library. Well… you can probably sit out on the porch if you want.
Looking for some good books? Seeking your next big Read?
- Check out the Round Lake Library’s Pinterest pages for Staff Recommendations, Morning, Evening and Romance! Book Club Reads, themed boards and more… there’s a book for you!
- There’s also a wonderful resource hidden away. It’s called Novelist and is accessible only with a library card. Just log in here with your library card number (no password necessary) and enter the last favorite book you read.
- Finally, you can check out our Staff Picks page, and look for the bookmarks in books at both branches.
1000 Book Kid Program
Sponsored by the Malta Sunrise Rotary
The Malta Sunrise Rotary is sponsoring a 1000 Book Program at both branches of the Round Lake Library. This free and easy reading program encourages preschoolers and their parents to borrow, share, and read together.
Why do it?
How It Works
- Select and check out 10 children’s books
- Inform the librarian that this is a 1000 Book Kid. Your books will be put in a special bag
- When you return your 10 books and bag, circle the next number on your child’s card. (each number represents a group of 10)
- When you have circled 100 numbers your child will be awarded a special sweatshirt courtesy of the Malta Sunrise Rotary.
- Because anguage acquisition occurs before children enter school.
- Because it challenges whole families to read 1000 books with their children before the end of first grade. Increasing the family’s bond.
- Because it fosters a positive connection between books and family.
- Because it helps children develop a lifelong bond with reading and books.
The Round Lake Library and the Round Lake Malta Branch offer FREE passes for four to the Hyde Collection. Passes can be checked out for one week on your library card. See more about the collection at Hydecollection.org. That’s the power of your library card!
Upstate New York’s Best Kept Secret: The Hyde Collection
In the wilds of Glens Falls, NY lives a surprising collection of fine and decorative art.
Founded by Louis and Charlotte Hyde, the collection contains historic furniture, books, paintings, sculptures and pottery. Now expanded with many modern additions, the museum, while relatively small and “off the beaten track” contains an impressive and broad collection including Italian Renaissance and eighteenth-century French antiques.
Some of the artists include:
- El Greco
- van Dyck
- Renoir, and
- van Gogh
In addition, works by important American artists include:
- Winslow Homer
- Ryder and