Did you know you can use your library card to borrow lots of things besides books and movies?
Eco Explorer Backpacks
Check out one of these backpacks for kids, and explore our world!
Each themed kit includes books, games, activities, and tools to observe and measure nature.
Backpacks are available for pickup at the Malta Branch.
- Outer Space
- Playing in Nature
- Rocks, Minerals, & Fossils
Lego Robotics Kits
The library’s four LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Robotics kits are available for a 14 day loan from the Malta Branch for home use.
With a kit, you can build one of many different kinds of robots, following plans from LEGO or other sources, and then program your robot from a PC or tablet.
You can download the free programming software from LEGO onto your own device, or borrow a laptop with the software already installed.
LEGO’s software is drag-and-drop graphic programming suitable for the recommended 10+ age group. Other more advanced programming languages such as Python and RobotC can also be used.
EV3 extension kits are also available for building even more elaborate robots.
Kits and computers are only available for pickup at the Malta Branch, and must be returned inside the Malta Branch during open hours.
Each Museum Pass provides free or discounted admission for multiple people, and can be checked out for 3 days by any adult with a library card in good standing (no overdue items and under $10 in charges).
The passes cannot be reserved ahead of time, but can be placed on hold by calling the library and asking to have the pass held at the desk for up to 24 hours.
- Adirondack Experience COMING SOON!
- 50% discount on family admission for up to 2 adults and all children under 18 (under 5 free)
- The Albany Institute of History and Art
- free admission for 2 adults and 2 kids (under 6 free)
- The Children’s Museum at Saratoga
- free admission for a family of 4 (under 12 month free)
- The Clark Art Institute COMING SOON!
- Free admission for one adult and unlimited kids
- Destroyer Escort Historical Museum aka USS Slater
- free 1 hour guided tour for 2 adults and 2 kids
- The Empire Pass (New York State Parks)
- unlimited day use for one vehicle
- entry to most facilities operated by NYS Parks including forests, beaches, trails, &c.
- Empire State Aerosciences Museum
- free admission for family of 4
- The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
- free admission for 2 adults and 4 kids
- FASNY- Museum of Firefighting
- free admission for 2 adults and 2 kids (under 3 free)
- Fort William Henry Museum COMING SOON!
- The Hyde Collection
- free admission for 2 adults and any children in family
- Iroquois Museum
- free admission for 2 adults and 5 kids
- MASS MoCA– Museum of Contemporary Art
- free admission for 2 adults and 2 kids under 16
- MiSci– Museum of Innovation and Science
- 50% discount on Museum admission for 2 adults and 4 kids
- does not include Planetarium
- Saratoga Springs History Museum COMING SOON!
- Free admission for all people living in one household
- The Wild Center
- discounted admission for 2 adults at $10 each and free admission for children
- World Awareness Children’s Museum
- free admission for 5 people
These passes are funded by a grant from the Global Foundries Town of Malta Foundation.
Try It Kits
Check out a Try It Kit from Clark House, and try out new activity before you invest in your own supplies.
Try It Kits are geared toward adults and teens, but are also great for older children with supervision.
- Watercolor Painting
- Stamp Carving & Printing
- Garment Mending