Make a gingerbread house with graham crackers, frosting and candy. Registration required; all ages. Please let us know about any food allergies when you sign up so they can be accommodated.
Category Archives: Kids at the Library
Join us to play a game or two of Magic: The Gathering!
All experience levels are welcome.
Players can bring their own deck, or use one of ours.
Wednesday, December 18th; 5-7pm
Freading™ allows the Round Lake Library to increase our eBook Collection by offering access to tens of thousands of books- without waiting.
Use your Library Card to download a book each week for free.
Freading™has apps for most mobile devices including the Kindle Fire, Nook & Kobo. WOW!
Check it out now. What are you waiting for? Harness the power of your Library Card.
Kids- Pay Your fines through reading!
30 minutes = $1.
It’s as simple as that.
Ask a librarian at the desk for a timer, grab a book/manga/graphic novel and read. When the timer is done, take your library card (or ID) back to the librarian and have a dollar taken off your account.
The catch? You have to read while being in the library. Well… you can probably sit out on the porch if you want.
1000 Book Kid Program
Sponsored by the Malta Sunrise Rotary
The Malta Sunrise Rotary is sponsoring a 1000 Book Program at both branches of the Round Lake Library. This free and easy reading program encourages preschoolers and their parents to borrow, share, and read together.
How It Works
- Select and check out 10 children’s books
- Inform the librarian that this is a 1000 Book Kid. Your books will be put in a special bag
- When you return your 10 books and bag, circle the next number on your child’s card. (each number represents a group of 10)
- When you have circled 100 numbers your child will be awarded a special sweatshirt courtesy of the Malta Sunrise Rotary.
Why do it?
- Because anguage acquisition occurs before children enter school.
- Because it challenges whole families to read 1000 books with their children before the end of first grade. Increasing the family’s bond.
- Because it fosters a positive connection between books and family.
- Because it helps children develop a lifelong bond with reading and books.