The Round Lake Library is now hiring a part-time library assistant to work in both branches of the library. Hours will consist of a combination of evening and Saturday hours. This position involves providing direct library services to the public, performing routine library clerical duties, and other library tasks as assigned. Requirements for this position include strong customer service skills, the ability to work with people of all ages, and a base knowledge of current technology. This position is supervised by the Library Director.
$15/hour to start.
- Tuesday and Wednesday 2:30 pm – 8 pm in the Malta Branch
- Saturdays 9:45 am-3 pm rotating between Round Lake and the Malta Branch
- Extra shifts may be picked up as coverage is needed.
- greeting library users
- helping patrons find needed information
- answering the phone
- performing a wide range of clerical duties
- checking in and out library material
- creating library displays
- working with other staff on library programming
Strong communication and customer service skills, dependability, High School diploma
Email resume and cover letter to Jennifer Hurd, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Jennifer Hurd, Director Round Lake Library 31 Wesley Ave PO Box 665 Round Lake, NY 12151