The Round Lake Library offers Notary Public Services free of charge.
Please call the library in advance to make an appointment (ask for Jen F.).
- DO NOT sign your document in advance; signature must be completed in the presence of a notary.
- Entire document must be present and completed, except the signature.
- A valid, government issued photo ID is required.
- The Library cannot supply witnesses; you must provide your own.
- Notary services are limited. Notaries at the Library cannot sign I-9 Forms, wills, codicils, mortgage documents, deeds, living wills, living trusts, or any document not in English.
- Notaries cannot certify the authenticity of a document, provide legal advice or counseling regarding documents.
- Library staff reserves the right to refuse notary services at his or her discretion.