Want to make a fabric face mask?
Help protect yourself and others when you have to go out in public.
How to Make a Mask
What you will need:
- Cotton Fabric, any color or print
- Rope elastic, beading cord elastic will work (you may also use 1/8” flat elastic)
- Cut the elastic 7” long and tie a knot at each end (DO NOT knot the ends of the flat)
You can Make Two Sizes: Adult or Child
- Put right side of cotton fabric together. Cut 2 9×6 inch (adult) or 7.5×5 inch (child) pieces.
- Starting at the center of the bottom edge, sew to the first corner, stop. Sew the elastic with the edge out into the corner. A few stiches forward and back will hold this.
- Sew to the next corner, stop, and bring the other end of the same elastic to the corner and sew few stiches forward and back.
- Now sew across that top of the mask to the next corner. Again put an elastic with the edge out.
- Sew to the next corner and sew in the other end of the same elastic.
- Sew across the bottom leaving about 1.5” to 2” open. Stop, cut the thread. Turn inside out.
- Pin 3 tucks on each side of the mask. Make sure the tucks are the same direction.
- Sew around the edge of the mask twice.